Modern Calligraphy Course for Beginners
Pointed pen calligraphy course over 4 x 2 hour evening sessions in Wells, Somerset.
Learn all you need to create your own beautiful artwork in a modern calligraphy style all of your own over a series of 4 in-depth classes. Each session builds up in sequence as you develop the exact skills you need to gain confidence in the art of hand lettering.
Once learning the basics step-by-step you’ll freely experiment with a range of devices that lead you towards developing your own personal style. Within a small and supportive group, you’ll have the chance to ask questions as you go and get instant feedback, making sure that you make progress quickly on solid foundations.
TIME: Monday evenings 7 - 9pm
DATES: 11/2, 4/3, 1/4, 6/5 (all 4 dates to be attended)
WHERE: LOAF Bakehouse, WELLS, Somerset, 38 Market St, BA5 2DS
COST: £150. All materials are included
TO BOOK: www.mirabellemakery.com/shop
Just some of the highlights
- Learn the 8 fundamental strokes that create the lowercase alphabet and how calligraphy is different to just joining up your handwriting
- Experiment with the key elements to create your own amazing alphabet
- Learn my number one trick for getting your letters to ‘fit’ magically together
- Learn the essential steps to hand lettering a quote or saying as you create a piece of art that you’re proud of and wont want to give away
Lesson 1: Getting to grips with the basics
Lesson 2: Easy as A, B, C: developing the alphabet and words
Lesson 3: It’s all about the base (and the bounce)
Lesson 4: Composition and Layout: Creating the masterpiece
And a bonus!
You’ll also get PRIVATE access to my invite-only Facebook group for support between sessions. You’ll be able to share your progress, ask for advice, take part in Q & As and extra challenges, all to keep you motivated so that you succeed!
What else you get
- All materials are provided for you to use during the classes
- PDF copies of all the worksheets and notes to take away
- Plenty of demonstrations and 1:1 tuition so you’re not left feeling stuck
- Fun homework tasks will be suggested so you can practice and develop your skills
- Pop-up shop to purchase materials
(This course is suitable for left and right-handers)